We were lucky enough to receive a special treat today from BBC Good Food Show and The Mercers of Yorkshire.
We tried this delicious Red Onion Marmalade and Lemon Curd from the Yorkshire based, premium preserve makers.
The Mercers of Yorkshire produce a wide range of different conserves, marmalades, curds, chutneys, mayonnaises and sauces. You can visit them at the Spring BBC Good Food Show on Stand Q80.
Both of these were delicious and we’ll be thinking up some new recipe ideas over the next few weeks. Here’s our ideas so far:
- Add it into cakes, biscuits or breads when baking
- Enjoy on hot toast, crumpets or muffins
- Mix a little into your morning yoghurt with granola
- Spread it on your pancakes this pancake day
- Flavour your home made ice cream or add to ricotta for a quick lemon cheesecake
- Lemon tarts
- Lemon chicken
- Filling for home made doughnuts
- Stir a little into your rice
- Add to a soufflé mix
- Spread on biscuits
- Lemon curd, cream and meringues for a new take on Eton Mess
Red Onion Marmalade
- Stir some into your gravy
- Delicious with bangers and mash
- The classic – with meats, cheese and bread
- Liven up any sandwich
- Add to homemade bread mix
- Serve on warm brie
- Finish of roasted meat
- Stir into scrambled eggs, omelette or frittata
- A good base for soups and stews
- New choice for homemade pizza bases
- Delicious on cheese on toast
- Add to a soufflé mix
- Liven up your burger
- Add to rice, risotto and polenta to add depth of flavour
Basically this stuff is good on almost anything! Let us know your ideas below 🙂
Started in 1983 by a husband and wife team, the original manufacturing company created high quality jams and chutneys for sale in local retailers and food events such as the BBC Good Food Show. Within a few years they were producing private label products for iconic retailers such as Harrods and Selfridges.
In 2007 current owners Paul & Lizzie Mercer bought the company and launched the Mercers brand of today.
British & Natural
Mercers of Yorkshire manufacturer all their own products without subcontractors. They use only real sugar rather than glucose fructose syrups and only British ingredients where available. The jams and chutneys are hand crafted in small batches so quality is always guaranteed. Full of only natural colours and flavours, the Mercers range of jams, chutneys and sauces are delicious and versatile products. All packaging is recyclable or compostable.
More about The Mercers of Yorkshire
More about BBC Good Food Show